Saturday 14 May 2016

Not Quite Friday the 13th

Another Saturday off, loving it, despite the fact the weather's turning chilly again, and I will have to bring my plants back in and hope that the fruit blossoms don't get frozen.

Coolest thing this week (although I didn't get a picture): we saw a fox one morning across the road from one of our jobs. Just walking through someone's front yard in the Alta Vista area. I do love that aspect of working outside in the mornings. It's quiet, and you never know what you will see!

I was rather wondering what yesterday would bring, being Friday the 13th, and rain predicted. But I would say it was rather good for a 'bad-luck' day. Sure it rained, but only a few hours, and we were warm and dry by the end of the day's work. And I am rejoicing, just a little, because it was the last day for one of the new garden guys - he has decided on a nursery job. And another new gardener starts Monday, a woman this time, so I am being cautiously optimistic. It sounds really sexist to say it, but really, in three seasons and something like 9 other gardeners and students I've worked with, the guys have been very disappointing compared to the girls, in terms of combined speed and ability. I expect there are good male gardeners out there, but I haven't met them!

Just to round out a nice Friday the 13th, my tax return arrived (with an adjustment in my favour even!) and my lettuce is up, and the lilacs and my little apple tree are starting to bloom.

My Hypnosis socks are finally finished, so that is exciting. Even if I can't wear them until after fair season, because I want to enter them in the fair. I am tempted to make something else for myself (after the gloves for Johanne's stash I cast on the other day), but I know I need to start prep for shows and such...we shall see.

Oh, and good news on our side, at least, from the Fort Mac fires. People are starting to go back home, and my cousin reports that things look better than they did on the news, and in particular, his truck and buildings are safe and sound. Plus there's now lots of work for him in helping with rebuilding.

4 comments:

  1. After reposi tioning the brand, the most important highlight of Louis Vuitton Handbags and Original Rolex Watche in fur top luxury flagship product category.The 1:1 Replica Breitling Watches in July last year held their first couture show called “Fashion furs” in Paris.The company also plans to invest heavily in prominent brands of Rolex Air King Italian descent.Omega Watches Replica?is the most famous luxury watch brand all over the world.That global recognition is the Replica Tag Heuer product of decades of success in a range of fields.

    Rolex Air King

    Louis Vuitton Handbags

    Original Rolex Watches

    1:1 Replica Breitling Watches

    Omega Watches Replica

    Replica Tag Heuer

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTEEEEEEEE SOCKS!!!!!
    I WRITE HORROR AND ADVENTUROUS STORIES. IF YOU CAN PLEASE STOP BY.I AM A TEENAGE GIRL TRYING TO GET SOME VISITORS......BYE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. السلامه عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته نحن فى شركة الكمال نقوم بافضل واقوى المبيدات العالميه الموجودة

    التى تقضى على جميع الحشرات الطائره والزاحفة وابادة الحشرات
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالطائف
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بجازان
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بحائل
    والسلامة عليكم وحمة الله وبركاته

    ReplyDelete