Saturday 5 July 2014

While The Cat's Away...

Last Sunday, about to leave the parents', and we found the cat had disappeared while we were having supper. Didn't come when called, couldn't be found in any of the places we could search in a reasonable amount of time. (There's 60 acres of space for her to hunt in, and most of it's bush filled with mosquitos. Not practical to turn every stone searching.) And I had to go, in order to get a reasonable amount of sleep before work the next day. So Julia is having her summer vacation, and apparently enjoying herself - report says she comes in for two bites of food a couple times a day, and spends the rest of the time outside.

Until she comes back here, I get a bit of a vacation too. It's awfully quiet, but on the other hand, I have a little extra free time. And the Tour de France/Tour de Fleece starts today.

I'm not playing officially this year, really. I know I won't have time to spin every day, and I didn't sign up for any teams. But I've got some stuff I want to finish, and this is a good excuse. So I took a picture of my start stash, like everyone does.


The dark grey and grey-black are Jacob fleece, which I'm spinning on my old wheel. The light grey and white of the same fleece are done (see the skeins in the picture), so I'm looking forward to having it all spun. Not a huge quantity, 30 or 40 grams of each, or about a skein, but a nice soft texture. The bag of carded fleece is a bunch of my cousins' fine stuff, probably a Rideau Arcott or cross, about 4 skeins' worth, that I picked and carded last weekend. Because summer and dyeing season are upon us, and I want some stuff ready to dye soon!

The only other thing I've got on the go right now is the second pair of scrap socks for Caroline. First one is done, and the second one started - knitting during travel time really adds up! I like the way they're coming out - may use the same notion of shaded triangles again with some of the scraps I have from Johanne's stuff.  

No comments:

Post a Comment