Tuesday 10 July 2012

More Spinning and a Scarf

I started on some brown alpaca roving I had, while I was debating what to do about the colorwork challenge. So now I've a nice skein of that in 3-ply.

And I've more or less decided for the challenge to do some 2-color, double-sided knitting. I learned how several years ago, but haven't really done any since, although I found a lovely book at the library with lots of ideas and stitch patterns.
So I divided my wool for the challenge into a light pile and a dark pile, equally by weight, and started carding. Got a little bit of the spinning started yesterday.

It's awfully neppy stuff, so the spinning will go slow. I'll see what I get for yardage before I decide exactly on the project.

Today is a rest day for the Tour de Fleece, though, I think. So I will finish the carding, and catch up on a few other things. One of which is posting a scarf for testing.

This is the Trickle scarf. It's one of the things I had as submissions, so hadn't posted it here yet, I think. But I heard last week that it's not accepted for the place I submitted to. I'm sort of not surprised, as they had a lot of submissions, and this was a last-minute thing I came up with when I couldn't get the original idea to work. Anyway, it means I can go ahead and set it up on my own. It's a pretty easy pattern, and lots of variation in size and yarn weight possible, and I hope I can get some testers to experiment with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment