Wednesday 27 June 2012

I'm Alive

Just checking in. No pictures again, but maybe I will manage to remember some tomorrow - have a friend coming over for a half-day to mordant wool, in prep for dyeing days Friday and Monday. It's been busy, all right? So far, vacation day one I've transplanted a row of little coreopsis plants, weeded my dye garden, helped move the baby chicks into their new home, gotten my list of chores for the week sorted out, carded a skein's worth of yarn and spun half of it, and done several loads of laundry, including one of handwash. Vacation day two (today) I was up at 5:30 to see Mom off, did my chores, picked berries, mordanted over 2 kg of yarn and roving, went to a Strawberry Social, and am aiming to finish the bobbin of yarn I'm spinning before I turn in. Only a couple days left until Tour de Fleece...

It's been raining yesterday and today, which is good timing. All the transplants will be happy, and the rain barrels are full of nice soft water for dyeing. But I do hope the weekend is sunny. My two white llama fleeces have arrived. I haven't had a chance to see them, but I'm hoping I can start cleaning them then.

No comments:

Post a Comment