Sunday 1 January 2012

New Year, New KAL

The beginning of the year is always a good time, traditionally, to set goals and challenges for the year ahead. A lot of knitalongs seem to start about now, often for the same reasons. I've gone and signed up for one.

Elizabeth, one of the knitters I know, suggested a 12 in 2012 KAL, complete 12 projects from stash or WIPS. Obviously a lot of us have stash, because a pile of people besides me jumped on the plan. At least one already has the list of projects planned. I'm not quite that far ahead, but I thought I ought to at least record a list of possibilities.

WIPS:
1: Myrosia's scarf. Currently at 3 feet long, it will probably be my first complete project of the KAL.
Another week, and she will be able to wear it this winter.
2: My gold Pamina socks. About 3/4 done.
3: My Autumn Rose sweater, which I had hoped to finish last spring. It's been on hold, but maybe it will be done for THIS spring.

Stash Projects:
4 and 5: A lace shawl and a lace scarf from Joanne's cria. She didn't think she could do justice to her share of the spun yarn, so she requested that I make something.
6: The lace shawl from my handspun for the Guild challenge. I got the stitch patterns figured out, I just need to do some math. May knit a sample scarf first (I've some laceweight alpaca in stash), so I could get two projects out of this.
7: A textured stripe cardigan/jacket in Briggs and Little I got from a destash. Pattern is called Marsh, it's in a magazine I have but not on Rav yet. Maybe I can enter it when I get to needing it.
8: Socks in the grey alpaca I bought at Rhinebeck year before last. Pattern "Alpha" in last winter's Interweave Knits.
9: More handspun - the Borealis sweater in my peacock 3-ply. Someone I know made the sweater, and it looked so good I went to find the pattern. It's a bulky weight cowl-necked fitted tunic sort of sweater, and ought to go comparatively fast.

So that's 3/4 of the projects settled. I've got possibilities for some others, we'll have to see how things go...!

No comments:

Post a Comment