Thursday 12 January 2012

Another One Bites The Carpet

Which is to say, the first of the cria shawls is done and blocked. And while I'm not particularly fond of carpeting per se, it does make a great base for blocking things.

I plan to get a second one cast on today, same yarn, different pattern. Good excuse to try something out of my new Haapsalu Shawl book. Actually I did cast on, but had to rip out, as it appears my math skills are off today. I figured out I needed 68 stitches. Counted the stitches in the cast-on twice, but ran out of stitches on the first pattern row. Rechecked my knitting against the pattern, couldn't find the problem there. Only then did I realize that I had miscalculated the number of stitches to cast on. 2 repeats of 32 stitches plus 4 edges stitches on each side does not equal 68 - I forgot to add the second edge. Some days, it's hard to believe I have an advanced degree.

No comments:

Post a Comment