Sunday 14 August 2011

Simple Pleasures

It's been a satisfying sort of Sunday. Granted, I didn't get to the destash I wanted to check out, despite the fact it was almost right across the street. But I don't really need more stash.
 On the other hand, I have almost 5 dozen chewy ginger and molasses cookies with raisins in them, from baking this morning. The gooseberries are cleaned and frozen - and I discovered that wearing a thimble makes the cleaning process noticeably faster and less painful than pinching off the stem and blossom with thumbnail against bare forefinger. We've had a few hours of rain today, and some thunder, so the garden is happy, and I'm happy, since thunder means the cat doesn't want to go for a walk in the rain. And I had a few hours of knitting, at the regular Sunday get-together and at home with a cup of tea while watching Singing In The Rain, appropriately enough. Result being that the back of Jen's sweater is almost done.

Yep, doesn't get much better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment