Saturday 6 August 2011

Festina Lente

That's Latin for 'Make haste slowly'. One of the quotes that my prof gave us in class when I took Latin in undergrad, and one I remember because I have to repeat it to myself every time I am tempted to rush something, but know I'll muck up and spend more time on the task if I do rush.

Today, though, I'm taking it to mean there is progress happening, even if it feels slow. A little update/recap every now and then sometimes makes me realize that.

Like baby stuff. I've had bits of baby projects started and finished and sitting around for months, but they are finally mostly off to the recipients or soon to be. Three sweaters out the door - I finally got the last one mailed off this week - and a hat and slippers left, but one shower is coming up soon.



And I was hoping to get my cross-stitch done for the fair next week - it's not going to happen, but I am past the halfway point, so that's something.

Hopefully I will have time to work on it this weekend, between washing laundry and fleeces, and perhaps a spot of dyeing...

No comments:

Post a Comment