Monday 28 February 2011

In Spite of the Snow...

Spring is coming. I know it's Ottawa, and we're not going to have 'the flowers that bloom in the Spring, tra-la' for at least a month yet and more likely two. But after three months of snow, I'll take what I can get. We've passed the point where you only know intellectually that spring is coming, and gotten to where you can feel the difference in the weather. The temperatures are regularly up to around the freezing mark now, and before this morning's snow/ice pellets, there was bare ground around my building. The birds are more cheerful, the lilac buds are swelling...
And all of a sudden the cat wants out for an extra walk every morning.

In other news, the first skein of cria fleece is plied, gorgeous and heavy. The bag doesn't look like I've made a dent, though, so I'm going to get a lot of yarn out of it.
And I baked myself an apple cake, which is what I had for breakfast today. I feel it was a productive weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment